As we all know that routers and the range extenders are the backbone of our WiFi networking system. They manage and control the security of internet and WiFi devices. Throughout the process of your Netgear Nighthawk Setup you can have an easy access of internet from your front door to the backyard without any fear of buffering or signal breakage in streaming videos or downloading stuff. So, if you are a Netgear user and struggling with Netgear WiFi Router Setup just stick to this post for a short while and follow some creamy steps appearing below.
Netgear Support: Placement of WiFi Devices
Netgear range extenders catch the internet range coming out of main router and spread it all over the house. For this, you have to:
- Handle with care your Netgear device.
- Take it out and with full joy and excitement.
- Introduce it with your existing router and electric wall socket that has good power supply neither high-voltage nor fluctuating.
- Now, you have to bring both the devices (router and the range extender) closer to each other.
- Well, you bought a brand new range extender but that does not mean you ignore your router and hide it into a cupboard, back of any device or beneath the table.
- Remember, no matter how ugly your router looks, you should be proud of it that your device is helping you in completing the process of Netgear extender setup and accessing mywifiext.net login page.
- If you can’t make your router visible, then forgot about the process of configuration. For a successful setup, place your router openly in a neat, clean, and dry place.
Netgear Genie Setup: Installation and Configuration
Now, let us take you through some smooth steps to configure your range extender with all your wired and wireless devices, shall we proceed?
- Plug both router and the range extender into a power outlet away from walls, cordless phones and Bluetooth devices.
- Now, connect both of them properly with each other through an Ethernet cable and wait for the power lights on the range extender start blinking.
- If it does not blink, don’t panic and push the power (On/Off) button on both of the devices simultaneously. In case, you still fail to detect LED lights, then unplug both the devices from the power socket one by one and after two minutes plug them back again.
- Moreover, if they are showing amber blue color somehow, press and hold the WPS button on your range extender for 30 seconds. After that, release it. On the other hand, within the gap of two minutes, apply the same process on your router as well.
Netgear Firmware Update using Netgear Nighthwak App
- Make use of a latest and updated version of the Netgear Nighthawk App.
- In the firmware menu of the Nighthwak App click on firmware of router, modem, and the range extender.
- Do not overheat and overload your devices with malicious files and malware.
- Place them all in an airy room.
- The web browser you are about to use, shouldn’t be loaded with browsing history, cache, cookies, and malware.
- Place your WiFi devices away from those obstructions that create loads of interference. Such gadgets are cordless phones, metal appliances, electronic equipment, windows, microwaves, reflection of mirrors, juicer, mixer grinder, baby monitors, etc.
Netgear Genie Setup: Final Step of Configuration
Once you have done with the above-mentioned process, connect your devices (computer and the router) with the range extender and proceed towards the process Netgear Nighthwak Setup For this, you have to open a web browser and in the address bar type mywifiext. Hit enter and wait until it takes you to Netgear Genie Setup page. If you face some kind of errors while log, then don’t worry it is possibility that you mistype the URL. In that case, you can re-check and re-type the URL again or enter the default IP of the range extender that is 192.168.1.250. Next, Netgear Genie Login page will ask you to enter the default login credentials.
Wait! Are you looking for the default credentials? Did you have them? Don’t look here and there, just have a look on your manual steps. If you still didn’t them, then have a word with ask our experts by dropping your queries in the below-appearing comment section. So, without wasting your time, fill them (login credentials) into the required fields and keep clicking on all the effective and positive icons until and unless the page asks you to click finish to complete the installation.
Important Note: Make sure that one edge of the Ethernet cable is physically connected to your laptop or a desktop and other with your range extender.
If we are anyway helpful to you, do drop your valuable feedback in the below-given comment section. Also, let us know that how we can help you to serve you better.